By – Pooja Nagdev, Aromatherapist, Cosmetologist And Founder Of Inatur
Everyone wants a radiant and glowing complexion. Having radiant skin is often associated with youthfulness, good health, happy state of mind and a well-nourished complexion.
Here are 5 important ways to keep your skin radiant and youthful
1. Follow a Consistent Skincare Routine: Establishing a regular skincare routine is crucial for maintaining radiant and youthful skin. Cleanse your face twice a day using a gentle sulphate free cleanser to remove dirt, oil, and impurities. Use a toner to balance the skin’s pH level, followed by a moisturiser to hydrate and nourish the skin. Additionally, incorporate sunscreen with at least SPF 30 into your daytime routine to protect against harmful UV rays.
2. Stay Hydrated: Drinking an adequate amount of water is essential for healthy skin. Hydration helps to flush out toxins, maintain elasticity, and keep the skin plump and supple. Aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, and consider incorporating hydrating foods into your diet, such as watermelon, cucumbers, and leafy greens.
3. Eat a Balanced Diet: A nutritious diet plays a vital role in maintaining youthful skin. Include foods rich in antioxidants, such as berries, citrus fruits, dark leafy greens, and nuts, as they help combat free radicals and promote skin health. Additionally, consume foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, like salmon, flaxseeds, and walnuts, which help keep the skin hydrated and reduce inflammation.
4. Protect Your Skin from the Sun: Exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays accelerates skin aging and can cause wrinkles, dark spots, and other skin damage. Protect your skin by wearing sunscreen with broad-spectrum protection every day, even on cloudy days. Wear protective clothing, like hats and sunglasses, and seek shade during the sun’s peak hours, usually between 10 am and 4 pm.
5. Get Sufficient Sleep and Manage Stress: A good night’s sleep is essential for the overall health and appearance of your skin. During sleep, your body repairs and regenerates cells, including skin cells. Aim for 7-8 hours of quality sleep each night to allow your skin to rejuvenate. Additionally, manage stress through activities like exercise, meditation, or hobbies, as chronic stress can contribute to skin problems and accelerate aging.
Remember, everyone’s skin is unique, so it’s essential to understand your skin type and customize your skincare routine accordingly.