The fitness queen of Bollywood Malaika Arora is an avid social media user, who keeps her fans motivated with her updates on various yoga and exercise poses to stay fit. Malaika is the fitness queen of Bollywood who has been the fitness icon for many who are inspired by her graceful figure and her Instagram feed is a proof.
On her Instagram, she regularly keeps sharing pictures and videos of her training regime, and inspires her fans to grab those yoga mats.
In her latest post, Malaika is seen motivating her fans with her latest yoga asana which had a fun twist to it. The asana was the first entry in Malaika’s Move of the Year series for 2022. It involved a core strengthening posture but included a stick as a prop in it.
Malaika tweaked the asana known as Parivrtta Trikonasana or the Revolved Triangle Pose to include a wooden stick in the command.
In her caption, she said that core strengthening asanas like Trikonasana were her favourite and that she liked adding some fun to these poses.
View this post on Instagram
Malaika, at the end of the post, also decoratively explained the process to perform the asana in a step-by-step format. However, she warned people with back or neck injury to avoid performing it. So, if you are reeling from the after effects of the weekend surrounding the New Year and are up for some challenge, here is how to perform the Parivrtta Trikonasana with a stick.
How to do:
- Begin at the center of the mat. Stand with spine straight.
- Place the stick on the shoulders and roll your arms around the stick. Making a T shape with the body.
- Separate your legs 3-4 inches apart. Right foot should be facing towards right side and left toes should be tilted at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Keep the torso in front, chest open and roll your shoulders back.
- With an inhalation, start twisting your torso towards the right side.
- As you Exhale bend down taking the left corner of the stick at the right side. Drop the edge of the stick at the outside edge of your right foot.
- Gaze towards the right palm.
- Hold this pose for 10 seconds.
Repeat the steps on the other side as well.
*Avoid doing this pose if you have neck or back injury.